Monday, March 8, 2010

Mrs. Ex Cameron..You get an Oscar


It's been a minute since my last post due to some sickness but it's good, it's all good. The Oscar's were yesturday and to tell you the truth.. It dragged on for me. I don't know if it were the inside jokes Steve Martin and Alex Bladwin or the mini song and dance they did for about 5 minutes. Either way I was getting a little antsy on Best movie, Actor,Actress etc. So at the end of the post I will leave you a link to the nights winners and stuff if anyone was interested.
Alright highlight #1 Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz won the award for his nazi general (don't quote me on that) in the movie Inglorious Bastards. Didn't see it, the commercials were basically shoved in my face for the whole month before it came out. I here it was actually a good film so ill check it out on DVD. What made this a highlight was not just him winning but the acceptance speech was very emotional. You could tell he was honored to he be introduced in the movie let alone nominated for his part. So he gets highlight #1 for emotion.
Award Highlight #2: Best Supporting Actress: Monique. Dispite the fact this movie will go straight to her ego I will say this: good job. You barely see comedians even get into serious roles due to the stereocast of the genre, and she was nominated for her first serious role? wow. you don't see stuff like that happen very often espically at the Academy Awards.
Award Highlight #3. Best Actor: Jeff Bridges.. To tell you the truth, I wanted The Hurt Locker's Jeremy Renner win this award because he's been in hollywood for like 20 years? and this is his first nomination? wtf . Then I started thinking: Jeff Bridges, old actor, freaking country singer, and did I say old?. Idk not saying he didn't do a good job but, Im on the fence about this one
Award Highlight #4. Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow.. wow I actually spelled it right. This had to have been an emotional moment due to the fact of her being the first women director to win an oscar for directing. This was probably one of the major highlights of the night. James Cameron's response? he mouthed the words "yes. yes" happy for the fact his ex. She acted like she stole something you know bouncing around, sweating, nervous and crap. I guess she didn't think it would happen?

And the #5 and thee highlight of the night Best Movie: The Hurt Locker... I said it would win about 3 blog post ago and it actually happened. I'm glad they won, they are considered a independent film, and it was first in Europe and Germany before the US. I'm happy for their success and hope that a studio will pick up the film. And that they stop getting sued.

Alight that about sums the night. if you want to see the list of winners view it here

1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

Jim Carrey is probably shaking his head abot the comedian/serious actor thing.

BlogCatalog

Movie Industry and Award Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory