Monday, March 15, 2010

THEE END



When it comes down to it, blogging. Is it really worth it. I’ve been giving you guy’s week after week upcoming movies, Award ceremonies, and even a review. So when it comes down to it: is Blogging actually helpful, or is it a worthless outlet. Just a week ago a read to different bloggers who talked about how much blogging as helped..or hurt the internet. Dustin Rushkoff believed that “your success will be directly dependent on your ability to create excuses for people to talk to one another. For the real measure of content’s quality is its ability to serve as a medium” while Neal Talbot believed that these “litter boxes” aka blogs are pretty much useless and are just outlets for people to whine and complain.


He also said that “Now that ordinary people are mimicking the crap of the talented, the uselessness of weblogs is becoming even more apparent”. To a degree he is right, everyone believes that they could be basically bad mouth each other and call it a “blog Post”. I have seen some different types of blogs, vlog’s and web post were people try to act “intelligent” yet aren’t.

Both of these guys had a LOT of things different but the one that was most important had to have been substance. Blogs need substance, ideas, opinions, etc. I believe anyone can start a job: but only an imaginative mind can keep the substance going for weeks on end. A blog I was following this whole time, themovieblog.com definitely has substance. I love looking up the site everyday to find some interesting movie news or trailer releases. Also how well they balance movie reviews reminds me that they aren’t playing favorites but actually rating what a film deserves. And of course the engine behind the site? Blogger’s. Even though blogging is a relatively new concept it is spreading like wild fire.

My thoughts? Blogs are actually helpful. Ever since I started doing these post of movie’s I felt pretty good giving others the news and what’s going on in the world. I was always an outgoing person anyways but I’m nervous of talking to a crowd. For the past few weeks I actually enjoyed looking up the movie’s ESPECIALLY the awards. Blogging has given me an outside persona from the norm. So the question is can I provide substance to the masses? And if you’re a true blogger. The answer is a definite yes. I would like to thank you guys for contributing to my post each week, after this post I will be on a break. A return? Perhaps. But then again, smash hit movies always have a sequel.

Ruskoff,Douglas “The Internet is not killing of the conversation but actively encouraging it..We got Blog”, MA: Persuasive Pub 2002. 116-118.

Talbot, Neal “Weblog’s what are they good for-Nothing, say it again..We Got Blog” MA: Persuasive Pub. 130-132

4 comments:

Hillblogger said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog. Even though it has a different point of view towards blogs than I. It was like you said “substance for the masses.. ”. It brought to my attention that I did not think of. Almost had me think about changing how I felt about blogs.

This post also showed me how much fun someone could have by doing a blog. If it`s something that they really want to do. Like you say you did. How you enjoyed looking at different websites to look up new trailers and award ceremonies. But I still think that blogs are pointless for the fact that people can look up all these things on their own.

Kasey Kalmar said...

I have to agree with you about substance. Blogs wouldnt be blogs without opinions and ideas. People need to express themselves in order to make a really good blog. When someone goes into depth about what they are talking about, then it makes it so much easier to understand. When I first started blogging I dont think I had any substance, but as all of us continued to write up blogs every week, we all got some substance.

Tinkerbell said...

First let me start by saying yessss it is finally over. But i do have to admit blogging has been pretty interesting. At first I had a strong interest in then after a while I thought whats the point. Like you explained blogger blog just to bicker and whine. Now I know I really cannot talk because thats all I did but sometimes it feels good to say what you have to say and hear from others that feel the same.

Overall great job on expressing how you feel and using examples from othere bloggers and how they felt about blogging.

Cap'n Fatback said...

I love some of the ideas you're presenting here.

"Blogging has given me an outside persona from the norm."

YES! How so? How "different" is Blogger Earl?

"So the question is can I provide substance to the masses? And if you’re a true blogger. The answer is a definite yes."

I think so. You speak confidently about your topic. That's a great start.

"I would like to thank you guys for contributing to my post each week,"

A nice nod to how blogs are shaped by comments. I like how Hillblogger quoted you in his comment up top here.

"after this post I will be on a break. A return? Perhaps. But then again, smash hit movies always have a sequel."

I like, I like!

BlogCatalog

Movie Industry and Award Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory